Here is a great reminder for those selling their house!
Quick Tips to Showing Your Home
Your home is for sale, you've been keeping it tidy and the yard mowed. While Realtors usually give you time to prepare the house for showing, there are times you will receive a call that a Realtor is "just around the corner" and wishes to show your house. Don't Panic...Follow these quick tips to showing your home provided by the professionals at Lifestyle Realty Group:
•¨ Turn off TV and tune the radio to soft rock or classical station.
•¨ Turn every light on in the house, open all drapes and blinds.
•¨ Light candles or make a pot of coffee (to make the house smell nice).
•¨ Wipe kitchen counters, put dirty dishes in dishwasher.
•¨ Wipe bathroom counters, flush toilets, and put toilet lids down.
•¨ Hide magazines, newspapers, remove clutter from living room.
•¨ Make beds, hide clutter under beds, not in closets!
•¨ Another great hiding place for clutter is inside the clothes dryer.
•¨ On the outside, keep walks clear, put toys away.
•¨ Children or pets are a distraction, take them for a walk or ride.
Say Goodbye. This is the SINGLE most important thing you can do in a showing to help sell your home. You must leave, or go for a walk in the backyard. The buyers need to be emotionally committed to a home before they buy it, and this is hard to do if the current owners are there.
- #1 Best Selling master-planned community in the state of Texas
- 27 miles North of Houston
- 16 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Close to I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion outdoor amphitheater
- 190 miles of hike and bike trails
- Exemplary public schools and Acclaimed private schools
- Ranked one of the top 10 safest communities in Texas
- Click here to see a video of "The Woodlands"