My sister is headed to Uganda this week to do a Amazing documentary on orphans in Uganda ...
"We are traveling to Uganda at the end of November to do a documentary short on families rebuilding post Kony or LRA era. There is an amazing organization who brings orphaned children together with mothers who have lost their own families. There is a village of these new formed families and their stories are so inspiring as they come together to rebuild."
She wanted to bring some clothing for the 13 kids she will be filming so I put this email out there:
"My sister is headed to Uganda next week to work on a documentary about the orphans there. She just told me last night that the team is going to take in a total of 9 large suitcases full of clothing. They will be staying in a home with 13 children, most of them boys, ages 6-15, who have NOTHING! Would you please pass along this email to your neighborhood and everyone you know!
Clean out your closets this weekend (no winter clothing, its Africa) t-shirts, shirts, shorts, silky shorts and tennis shoes (even basketball shoes) .....
You can drop everything off at my front door: ........... The Woodlands, TX 77381 ... I am delivering everything on Tuesday morning. If we collect more than the 9 suitcases then I will just pay extra to send the clothing to these kids."
I got an INCREDIBLE response from people here in The Woodlands within 4 days .... LOOK at all of these clothes that came in! People gave generously, with high quality, name brand clothing!
As I sorted all the clothing today I was overwhelmed with how much we have to be thankful for!
Give Thanks for a Little and You will Find a Lot!
- #1 Best Selling master-planned community in the state of Texas
- 27 miles North of Houston
- 16 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Close to I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion outdoor amphitheater
- 190 miles of hike and bike trails
- Exemplary public schools and Acclaimed private schools
- Ranked one of the top 10 safest communities in Texas
- Click here to see a video of "The Woodlands"