We had the privilege of hosting the 9th Annual Latin Grammy's here in Houston, Texas, at the Toyota Center, November 13, 2008.
My dad is V.P of Integrity Music, the Latin Division and he had several artists who were up for a Grammy so he invited my daughter to go with him!
She is in her 2nd year of Spanish at McCullough Junior High, in The Woodlands, so I thought this would make a perfect "field trip" experience for her!
She got to walk the "Green" carpet (yeah, I know "go green" no more red)
I bought her a 8 megapixel camera for her Birthday ... teaching her how to BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!
Getting ready for the Grammy's ........
She even got to stand on the stage and "practice" her acceptance speech ... ha ha
Here is Gloria Estefan! She said the only reason she knew her songs was because when she was little I always played her music to clean the house (ok ... so its energizing !!!!!!!!!!!)
"Latin pop diva Gloria Estefan, who was honored with the 2008 Latin Recording Academy Person of the Year award Wednesday night, also scooped up awards for best traditional tropical album for "90 millas" and best tropical song.
"The only thing left for me to do is to sing in a free Cuba," said Estefan, who is the first woman to receive the person of the year honors."
I wasn't so fortunate to go the Grammy's but I met everyone afterwards for dinner ...
here is my sister and brother-in-law (Alan Villatoro) ... he has just released a new album ... expect to see him at next year Grammys!!!!!!!!!
- #1 Best Selling master-planned community in the state of Texas
- 27 miles North of Houston
- 16 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Close to I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion outdoor amphitheater
- 190 miles of hike and bike trails
- Exemplary public schools and Acclaimed private schools
- Ranked one of the top 10 safest communities in Texas
- Click here to see a video of "The Woodlands"