With gas prices climbing and the values of SUV's falling, more people are turning to options such as SMART FORTWO Coupe Car.
Figures show wholesale prices on big SUVs such as Chevrolet Tahoes, Ford Expeditions and Toyota Sequoias are down 17% from a year ago. Full-size pickups have fallen as much as 15%.
"There are far more truck-based SUVs being traded in than customers to buy them," says Mike Jackson, CEO of AutoNation, the largest new-car dealer chain.
The SMART Car according to 2007 EPA standards gets 40 city/45 highway mpg and prices start at $11,590. A question I have asked is "how safe is it?" ... The 2008 smart fortwo achieved the highest ratings from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) for front and side crashworthiness. Also includes four airbags, two full-sized front and two side. This car travels easily at 70-75 miles per hour and can reach up to 90 mph.
Lately, I have seen a yellow SMART car around the Alden Bridge and Cochran's Crossing Area in The Woodlands.
There are 2 locations to purchase a SMART car in The Houston area:
Smart Center Houston North
17510 I-45 North
Houston, TX 77090
Smart Center Sugar Land
15625 SW Freeway
Sugar Land, TX 77478
Looking to buy a house or sell your home? Contact Pippa MAC, ReMax REALTOR for more information on homes for sale in The Woodlands.
- #1 Best Selling master-planned community in the state of Texas
- 27 miles North of Houston
- 16 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Close to I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion outdoor amphitheater
- 190 miles of hike and bike trails
- Exemplary public schools and Acclaimed private schools
- Ranked one of the top 10 safest communities in Texas
- Click here to see a video of "The Woodlands"