THANK YOU so much everyone for your prayers and concern ... I really appreciate all the comments you have sent!
(pictures the day before it hit ... HERE)
Ike hit about midnight last night and it is still raining at 2PM. We do not have electricity but I do have wireless connection and a battery on my laptop so I thought I would give an update.
I looked out the front door and saw a tree had fallen on the neighbors house across the street:
Lots of water in the streets:
Took a drive to see the damage and a tree had fallen across the entrance to the subdivision:
The water is so deep there was a wave as we drove along.
We went around the block and then went home.
We have a generator and 20 gallons of gas ... I think we are good for a few days.
I'm quite fortunate being in the Woodlands, 27 miles North of Houston but I know that there are other area's that have been severely affected by this!
- #1 Best Selling master-planned community in the state of Texas
- 27 miles North of Houston
- 16 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Close to I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion outdoor amphitheater
- 190 miles of hike and bike trails
- Exemplary public schools and Acclaimed private schools
- Ranked one of the top 10 safest communities in Texas
- Click here to see a video of "The Woodlands"