The Woodlands is ranked No. 14 on Forbes' America's Top 25 Best (Relocation) Places to Move list.
Fifty-eight percent of residents in The Woodlands were born in a different state or abroad, according to the 2000 Census. Twenty-six percent of residents moved into the area within five years
The magazine ranked towns known as "Relovilles" (top relocation cities) - young, mid- and upscale suburbs near company plants and office parks outside major cities.
Forbes used Census data to locate the towns, which boast populations of more than 25,000. Factors included the number of people in each town who were born out of state or abroad, who had moved into town from a considerable distance, moved within one to five years and moved for a job.
The Top 25 Relovilles have twice the incomes, twice the home values and home sizes, twice the college degrees, twice as many youth and half as many elderly, twice the divorce rates and twice the number of residents who vote Republican, according to the magazine's research.
Source: Houston Business Journal, click FORBES: The Woodlands #14 Top Relocation City
- #1 Best Selling master-planned community in the state of Texas
- 27 miles North of Houston
- 16 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Close to I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion outdoor amphitheater
- 190 miles of hike and bike trails
- Exemplary public schools and Acclaimed private schools
- Ranked one of the top 10 safest communities in Texas
- Click here to see a video of "The Woodlands"