I got to be an Official Fairy Godmother for a day ... one of the BEST days ever!!!!
(Bammel Church of Christ, Houston, TX)
It was one of those days you can see what an impact you are making in the lives of these girls ... look at their smiles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Giving Gown Foundation provides Prom dresses, shoes and accessories to girls who can't afford to buy a dress. I wasn't really sure what to expect when I arrived the day of Boutique to help and I have to say that I was shocked to see what a BEAUTIFUL Department store atmosphere had been created for these girls!
If you could see the look of appreciation and pure happiness on the faces of these girls it would bring tears to your eyes! Please help in donating Dresses, Gowns, Shoes, Jewelry and Purses to these girls! (New or Used items!)
- There were signs to welcome them and make them feel like a princess!!
- The BEST part of the day was to see the girls look at themselves in the mirror with tears in their eyes and say "I look like a princess!", "this is the first dress I have ever owned" or "this makes me so happy, all I can do is cry!"
- The girls were assigned to an Official Fairy Godmother who helped them find a dress, shoes, purse and accessories.
- There were hundreds and hundreds of GORGEOUS gowns that were organized into rows by size and then grouped together by color.
- If the dress needed alterations there were numerous seamstresses there to help with making the dress a perfect fit!
- Being a part of Junior League we collected donations of new / or like new dresses this past year for Giving Gown Foundation.
- After seeing how this affected these girls brought a whole new light to this event and I can't wait to participate in it next year!!!
THE SMILES ON THE GIRLS FACES SAID IT ALL!
- Donations accepted at the following locations:
- #1 Best Selling master-planned community in the state of Texas
- 27 miles North of Houston
- 16 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Close to I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion outdoor amphitheater
- 190 miles of hike and bike trails
- Exemplary public schools and Acclaimed private schools
- Ranked one of the top 10 safest communities in Texas
- Click here to see a video of "The Woodlands"