Here is a great article on showing your home during the hot summer months here in The Woodlands and Spring:
If your home is currently on the market then this is a post for YOU! While I am SURE your Realtor® prepared you for what to do when you have scheduled showings like lights on, soft music, etc there are some special touches that you can do for a showing in the summer that just might make your home stand out!
Summer conjures up memories of cookouts, swimming pools, lemonade and fireflies......so, why not get the buyer that will be previewing your home in the right frame of mind?
- Be sure you have some "punched up" flower power for when the buyer first shows up! Whether it be some fresh new plantings around the mailbox or some bright potted flowers on the porch you just can't ignore the visual of flowers!
- Is your doormat fresh and clean? If you have one that indicates you have pets - remove it. Instead, opt for a crisp, clean straw mat in perhaps a summer color that coordinates well with other attributes of your exterior. (shutter colors, front door color, etc)
- Open all the blinds so that buyers have a clear view of the front and back yards. Let the sun shine in! (don't forget to clean your windows!)
- Make sure your air conditioner is set to a very cool temperature! Like my friend Pat Kennedy mentioned you want it CHILLY in your home for showings!
- If you have scents in your home you may want to go for a summer scent such as a citrus smell, a crisp herb smell such as basil or even a light honeysuckle scent.
- Offering a light snack? Many sellers do! If so, opt for a lighter snack such as a lemon cookie (instead of chocolate chip) and some small bottled waters or a pitcher of lemonade! Don't forget to offer some napkins as well!
- Show off your deck and grilling area! If you have a table on your deck be sure to have the umbrella opened and the table staged. Yes, stage the table on the deck! Outdoor serverware is perfect for getting the buyer to visualize what it might be like to sit on the deck and have a late summer afternoon dinner.
- Have a large yard? Show it off! You may want to consider a soccer net or a Bocce Ball area.
- Do swimming pool? If so, make sure it is crystal clear and stage the decking area with clean and well maintained chairs!
- Choose your music wisely. It's always wonderful to have soft music playing in the background when your home is being shown. Light jazz or blues is always a safe choice!
Show off your homes BEST assets and how comfortable it is in the hot summer months! The more you can get a buyer in the mood and "living in your home" the better the chance you have that it will stand out when compared against others they have seen!
If you are considering putting your home for sale in Wake Forest NC I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you! As a top real estate agent in Wake Forest NC I have the resources, network and skills to get your home sold in the quickest time frame with the least amount of stress and for the highest amount. Feel free to visit my website, Wake Forest NC House Chick, to research me! You can also call me at 919-649-6128 or simply send me an email - it's just that easy!
To keep up with all the latest on the Wake Forest NC Real Estate Market you just can't miss my Facebook Fan Page - Wake Forest NC House Chick!
Whether you are buying or selling Real Estate in Wake Forest NC it just makes sense to use a Realtor® that knows the area! I live here, work here and play here - I call Wake Forest NC home! For more information regarding Wake Forest NC be sure to visit my websites:
- Leesa Finley - Homes for Sale in Wake Forest NC, Wake Forest NC schools, restaurants, shops, entertainment and MORE....
- Circa Properties - My company website with information for the entire Raleigh NC area including Cary, Apex, Garner, Franklinton, Youngsville, Holly Springs and MORE....
- #1 Best Selling master-planned community in the state of Texas
- 27 miles North of Houston
- 16 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Close to I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion outdoor amphitheater
- 190 miles of hike and bike trails
- Exemplary public schools and Acclaimed private schools
- Ranked one of the top 10 safest communities in Texas
- Click here to see a video of "The Woodlands"