College Park, The Woodlands & Tomball High Schools Named Among the Nation's Best by Newsweek Magazine!
Three of the high schools that students who live in The Woodlands attend have made the prestigious "America 's Best High Schools 2010" list, selected by Newsweek magazine.
The Woodlands College Park High School and The Woodlands High School (TWHS), part of the Conroe ISD, along with Tomball High School, part of the Tomball ISD, have been named among the top high schools.
According to Newsweek, "Just over 1600 schools-only six percent of all the public schools in the U.S. -made the list."
The public schools were ranked according to a ratio which includes the number of Advanced Placements, International Baccalaureate or Cambridge (AICE) tests given at a school each year divided by the number of graduating seniors. All of the schools on the list have achieved an index of at least 1.000.
Students residing in The Woodlands' Village of Creekside Park attend Tomball ISD schools.
- #1 Best Selling master-planned community in the state of Texas
- 27 miles North of Houston
- 16 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Close to I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion outdoor amphitheater
- 190 miles of hike and bike trails
- Exemplary public schools and Acclaimed private schools
- Ranked one of the top 10 safest communities in Texas
- Click here to see a video of "The Woodlands"