MONEY Magazine ~ Where homes are affordable, #5 is Spring Texas
Residents who live in Spring, Texas see their incomes go the further!
Median home price: $112,062 Median family income (per year): $75,412
Spring started as a farming community founded by German immigrants, then it became a booming railroad town before fading into post-WWII stagnancy with fewer than 1,000 residents. But its fortunes have resurged with the meteoric growth of Houston, just 20 miles south. There has been a flood of residents coming north -- may we call it a Spring tide? -- and raising the suburb's population toward the 50,000 mark.
Housing here is extremely affordable with listings for huge five-bedroom houses going for a quarter million dollars or less and three-bedroom starter homes available for $50,000.
The Woodlandsand Spring Remax Real Estate Realtor specialist serving The Woodlands, Spring, Champions, NW Houston and surrounding areas. Let me help you with residential homes, condo's and relocation real estate. Search thousands of MLS / HAR listings HERE.
- #1 Best Selling master-planned community in the state of Texas
- 27 miles North of Houston
- 16 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Close to I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion outdoor amphitheater
- 190 miles of hike and bike trails
- Exemplary public schools and Acclaimed private schools
- Ranked one of the top 10 safest communities in Texas
- Click here to see a video of "The Woodlands"