Houston based Cafe Express is preparing to make some new changes, going back to its successful roots. In 2002 Wendy's International Inc (hamburgers) invested $9 million in the company to have the majority-ownership in Cafe Express. Since then Wendy's has put the fast-casual cafe back in the hands of original founder, Lonnie Schiller, CEO and found of Schiller Del Grande.
The 17-restaurant Cafe Express Chain is planning on revamping the menu's and bringing back some of the old favorites that Wendy's did away with. They are working on a new burger, new salads, introducing new breakfast items and adding some more desserts! Gourmet coffee will be added to all locations. Look for meals-to-go, hopefully sometime later this year.
Cafe Express is a very popular lunch choice at Market Street, in The Woodlands, Texas. The outdoor dining on the patio is packed during the weekly lunch hour! The soups are all made from scratch, they chop their own veggies, the FABULOUS chunky chocolate brownies are from scratch and even the croutons are homemade. The grilled chicken is quite tasty and the avacado shrimp salad is one of my favorites!
Click HERE to see a menu and all locations.
Looking to buy a house or sell your home? Contact Pippa MAC, your ReMax REALTOR for more information on homes for sale in The Woodlands.
- #1 Best Selling master-planned community in the state of Texas
- 27 miles North of Houston
- 16 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Close to I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion outdoor amphitheater
- 190 miles of hike and bike trails
- Exemplary public schools and Acclaimed private schools
- Ranked one of the top 10 safest communities in Texas
- Click here to see a video of "The Woodlands"