Have you seen this sign on I-45 at the southern edge of The Woodlands?
Grace Community Church is going to build a GIANT 150 foot cross at both the Northern and Southern Entrance to the City of Houston.
Of course my kids had to ask how tall is 150 feet so I had to find a few local landmarks in The Woodlands / Montgomery County to give them some kind of comparison.
The Statue of Sam Houston, outside Huntsville, in Walker County, on I-45, between Houston and Dallas is 77 feet tall (including the base of the statue).
150 feet is One-Third of the Anadarko building, the tallest building in Montgomery County.
The Woodlands Water Towers are 150 feet tall, per San Jacinto River Authority.
Make Your Mark is a movement to mark the city of Houston with the power of prayer and the compassion of Jesus Christ. The beginning is the construction of 2 giant crosses at the north and south entrances to the city. These crosses are a symbol of hope for everyone entering this great city. These crosses are a symbol of help. Under the cross are the other projects listed- initiatives that reach to every area of human need in our city. From the problems facing teens, to the challenges of the homeless and disenfranchised, through make your mark we will reach to a variety of needs with help and hope.
Grace Community Church meets at its new 85 acre North Campus at the southern edge of the Woodlands (24400 North Freeway - I-45 and Spring Crossing Exit). Service times are Sunday at 9 a.m., 11:30 a.m., (5:30 p.m. - en Espanol), and Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
(I-45 & Spring Crossing Exit) 24400 North Freeway
Spring, TX 77386
- #1 Best Selling master-planned community in the state of Texas
- 27 miles North of Houston
- 16 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Close to I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion outdoor amphitheater
- 190 miles of hike and bike trails
- Exemplary public schools and Acclaimed private schools
- Ranked one of the top 10 safest communities in Texas
- Click here to see a video of "The Woodlands"