SELLING YOUR HOME in The Woodlands Texas ... Don't make these mistakes!
* Not staging your home for sale.
* Having too much stuff in your home. Get a storage unit.
* Not really knowing the competition, thinking your home is worth more than the CMA (comparative market analysis) says it is worth.
* It is Extremely Important to come on the market with a competitive price, homes get the most exposure in the first 21 days on the market.
* Not keeping your dog contained.
* Requiring a 24 hour advance appointment.
* Being grumpy about your house beeing shown.
* Not negotiating on the price.
* No lock box.
* Not clean and picked up.
* REALTOR will provide photo's at a later date.
* You want to be there to show all the great features.
* Select a listing agent that is too busy ("I have 95 listings ... I am the best" type of thing)
* Select a part time Real Estate Agent.
* Selecting a REALTOR for a discounted fee.
* Selecting a Real Estate Agent that lives far away from the home for sale.
Here are a few points to help you to select a REALTOR that will work for you!
"What is your marketing plan for my property?" Look for advertising specifics (brochures and flyers), Internet exposure, emails to market your home and an open house agenda. The agent should also detail a plan with other Realtors in the area about property by using mailings, phone calls and "agent's opens."
"How often can I rely on you to call or write me with feedback?" Good agents should contact their clients every week (even if news is not encouraging). Mondays are best because week-ends present the most opportunities for showing your home. Changing agents once you've entered into a contract to buy a house is difficult, so you want to find a reliable agent at the start. Only consider making a change if you are not happy with the service.
- #1 Best Selling master-planned community in the state of Texas
- 27 miles North of Houston
- 16 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Close to I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion outdoor amphitheater
- 190 miles of hike and bike trails
- Exemplary public schools and Acclaimed private schools
- Ranked one of the top 10 safest communities in Texas
- Click here to see a video of "The Woodlands"