The Woodlands, Texas just went through Hurricane Ike and many animals were misplaced from their home! The Montgomery Animal Shelter is in desperate need of help!
The sign is missing the letter "S" ... which stands for SOMEONE like you!
Yes .. YOU ... can make a difference!
I saw Mary Bowens article about her dog she is fostering and she informed me of how the shelter is overwhelmed with animals after Hurricane Ike hit The Woodlands, Texas area. HERE is her foster dog Scrappy who is looking for a home.
My kids have been telling me that they want to help animals so we discussed fostering a dog until we could find a family for him or her!
Once we got to the shelter it was really, really hard to pick out what type of pet to take home!!!
Large, small, medium, long hair, short hair, docile, hyper, puppy, ugly, cute, sweet, feisty or high maintenance .. there were soooo many choices!
Abby helped take the dogs for walks. (the couple behind her adopted a dog)
My kids fell in love with Russell ... a very, very sweet male dog, who is up for adoption!
My kids couldn't help but love all over Russell and he gave kisses in return!!!
Russell needs a home ...
- he is very low maintenance
- he prefers to be indoors
- we haven't heard him bark yet!
- he is potty trained
- no nipping or biting
- quiet and loves his doggy bed!
- he Adores children!
- #1 Best Selling master-planned community in the state of Texas
- 27 miles North of Houston
- 16 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Close to I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion outdoor amphitheater
- 190 miles of hike and bike trails
- Exemplary public schools and Acclaimed private schools
- Ranked one of the top 10 safest communities in Texas
- Click here to see a video of "The Woodlands"