The Woodlands, Spring & Houston Texas:
BBB is saying use CAUTION when looking for a reliable contractor to repair your home after Hurricane Ike
The Better Business Bureau is warning consumers to beware of unscrupulous repair people.
- Call the BBB (713)868-9500 or (877)468-9222 to get a contractors report
- Check their website at www.BBBhouston.org
- Please report any suspious people
- Get references from friends, relatives or realtors
- Be suspicious of door-to-door workers, especially if they use scare tactics
- Check to see if the company name is on their vehicle or if company is in phone directory
- Try to get 2-3 estimates for the cost of repairs and that contractors are bidding the same package
- (including materials, when work begins, is completed & when payments made)
- A 30% downpayment of the total is standard for the industry
- Get a detailed description of the necessary work
- Do NOT sign a completion form until you are satisfied
Proceed with caution! Additional heartache and money will be saved for the many victims of Hurricane Ike.
- #1 Best Selling master-planned community in the state of Texas
- 27 miles North of Houston
- 16 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Close to I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion outdoor amphitheater
- 190 miles of hike and bike trails
- Exemplary public schools and Acclaimed private schools
- Ranked one of the top 10 safest communities in Texas
- Click here to see a video of "The Woodlands"